What is this and what's it worth?

Discussion in 'US Paper Money and Banknotes' started by fartsniffer0_0, Dec 26, 2015.

1. fartsniffer0_0

fartsniffer0_0 Jr. Member

I recently purchased this. It's a 1 peso "United States Armed Forces in the Philippines, in the field, war circulating note" from WW2, dated July 4, 1943. It's 2"x 4.75" and looks to be stamped on tablet paper. I think it's interesting but can't find much on it. The seller's Father was in the navy and said it was payment in the field to the locals who helped our soldiers with odd jobs. Is that true? Did I do good for $20? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Files:

Brokecoincollector and bigbadb like this.
  2. Rigo

Rigo Administrator

I've never seen anything like that before. I've seen "military payment currency" before but they did not look like papers for writing, with lines on them. They didn't looked typed. That is weird for sure. Hope someone shines some light to this Fart guy :D

Brokecoincollector likes this.
  3. Jinxycatplus

Jinxycatplus Worker

What I suggest is you find out who's signatures are on this since usually signatures are what hold the value based on what I see for signed military notes it should be worth $35+ I'd suggest finding out what those signatures are though

4. truecoin1775

truecoin1775 Newbie